Sunday, May 10, 2009

Dr Boyce Watkins: How Rush Limbaugh is Really Helping Obama

by Dr. Boyce Watkins

www.BoyceWatkins.com

I have a friend who is a little different from my other friends. He is a White male Republican, nearly twice my age, born and raised in the state of Texas. People like him don't usually like people like me, but I give everyone a chance when I meet them. It turns out that he is one of my most respected colleagues and a really good human being. My friend and I had lunch one day and he explained why he left the Republican Party, after 40 years of loyalty, in order to vote for Barack Obama.

My friend left the Republican party because he felt that the Republicans have, in the words of a famous comedian, "lost their damn minds". In a changing world, they've become a sinking ship and a sick, dying dinosaur. Barack Obama's brilliance as a presidential candidate not only defeated their raging empire, it smacked them to the fringes of our society. Bill O'Reilly is no longer the talk of the town and no one remembers what time to watch Sean Hannity's show.

Rush Limbaugh has created an even greater opportunity for Barack Obama by alienating every fair-minded Republican in America. In that regard, he has become Barack's greatest asset.

Continue reading Bottom Line with Dr. Boyce: Rush Limbaugh is Barack Obama's Greatest Asset

Comments [0]

No comments: